The proton reactor provides a complete solution for integrating foreign
IO into a single threaded proton event loop. This is useful in
situations where proton is being used in isolation, there is no other
IO handling framework available and everything is single threaded.

However often that is not going to be the case.  There are many
existing C and C++ libraries for managing polling of file descriptors
and dispatching of work, and most server applications that might want
to embed proton already have their own frameworks.

So I'm thinking about how we can make integrating proton into an
existing (possibly multi-threaded) framework easier. I think all it
requires is a few simple functions to pull data out of a file
descriptor as events and push data back into a file descriptor, and
make this easier than directly using the collector and transport.  I've
done it in Go already but I think it could be captured in C and C++ as
well.

Anyone already done something like this?

Cheers,
Alan.