Over the months I have found at least four Qpid client libraries that could be
used to implement a Java AMQP 1.0 client. My challenge is knowing what I should
use. I'm not sure what clients will be supported and some of them I have yet to
get to work. I will list the libraries by their Maven artifact id:

qpid-jms-client: Found easily on the Qpid web site. I have been able to send,
but not receive messages.

proton-j: Looks great. API looks simple. I have never been able to send or
receive messages.

qpid-amqp-1-0-client: This is the library I have used for non-JMS
implementations. I have been able to both send and receive messages. It
performs well but appears to not be supported after version 0.32.

qpid-amqp-1-0-client-jms: This is the library I have used for JMS
implementations. I have been able to both send and receive messages. It
performs well but appears to not be supported after version 0.32.

I'm just trying to understand what works today and what direction Qpid client
development is going. I don't want to be using something that doesn't work but
I also don't want to use something that is deprecated.

---
Mark Soderquist
Engineering Manager | Enterprise Integration
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints
mark.soderqu...@ldschurch.org<mailto:mark.soderqu...@ldschurch.org>
801-240-9288