On 01/21/2016 11:52 AM, Rob Godfrey wrote:
On 21 January 2016 at 11:37, rat...@web.de <rat...@web.de> wrote:

Sure, the trace is here  Log.txt
<http://qpid.2158936.n2.nabble.com/file/n7636944/Log.txt>

 From what I can see in the log, appearantly heartbeats are correctly sent
and received by the client.
I was assuming that if my client locks in an endless loop no heartbeat
signals are addressed. So appearantly there is a detached thread that
handles this, right?

That was my expectation, but I am not familiar with the C++ client - gordon
can probably confirm.

The qpid::messaging c++ client has a background thread for io (actually for 0-10 its a pool of threads shared by connections). So if the application/main thread is in an endless loop, heartbeats (and any other protocol traffic) can still be received (and responded to).