On 18/02/16 20:27, Morgan Lindqvist wrote:
Hi All,

I am building the C++ broker on Ubuntu 14.04 and when I run the "make test"
command after the build 15 of the tests fail.

Is this to be expected or did I do some mistakes when configuring the build.

[...]

-- Could NOT find SWIG (missing:  SWIG_EXECUTABLE SWIG_DIR)

I suspect the above may account for at least some of the failures (as some of he tests are written in python and intended for running using the swigged c++ client library).

Not having the pure python client library may also account for some (it is not included in the cpp tarball).

And the failed tests are as follows
==========================
56% tests passed, 15 tests failed out of 34

Total Test time (real) =  24.53 sec

The following tests FAILED:
         11 - qpid-client-test (Failed)
         12 - quick_perftest (Failed)
         13 - quick_topictest (Failed)
         14 - quick_txtest (Failed)
         15 - quick_txtest2 (Failed)
         16 - msg_group_tests (Failed)
         17 - run_header_test (Failed)
         18 - python_tests (Failed)
         19 - paged_queue_tests (Failed)
         20 - interop_tests (Failed)
         21 - ha_tests (Failed)
         22 - qpidd_qmfv2_tests (Failed)
         23 - interlink_tests (Failed)
         24 - idle_timeout_tests (Failed)
         29 - queue_flow_limit_tests (Failed)
Errors while running CTest

You can get more detail on the actual errors from Testing/Temporary/LastTest.log under the build directory. Tests that fail due to e.g. python not being there are probably not an issue. However some of those above I would certainly expect to pass. The error messages may shed some more light.