Hi All,

I installed qpidd on my Ubuntu 14.04 computer using "sudo apt-get install
qpidd" I however discovered that the version I got was version 0.16, we are
now at version 0.34.

Looking at
http://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=qpid&searchon=names&suite=all&section=all
it can be seen that version 0.16 is the latest one also for all versions of
Ubuntu, also the brand new ones.

Since my goal is to use qpidd it would be very nice to ba able to install a
pre-compiled binary? As it is now I have been struggling for quite a while
to compile and have all the tests pass. I would rather have sent this time
in developing the application that will use qpidd.

Have there been any discussions on pushing newer versions of qpidd to Ubuntu
or to create an apt repository of our own so that we could push out new
binaries without being in the hands of the OS vendor.

Another AMQP open source implementation, RabbitMQ, is using their own apt
repository, https://www.rabbitmq.com/install-debian.html, it is very
convenient.

Best Regards,
Morgan