I originally posted this to the protons discussion list but didn't get any
"hits".  Hopefully on this list I might.

At client.

Considering Messenger and have been asked to describe how a Messenger would
handle request reply processing.

Fundamental question -> Can a Messenger "act" as both a Message Producer (send)
and Consumer (receive) messages or is a Messenger limited to a single "role"?

Consider the following "flow":

Starting from the Requester role:

A Message is created with the reply-to property set with a generated reply-to
queue

A Messenger is "set up" to send a message

A Messenger sends the message

So here is where my confusion begins with Messenger

Knowing that the Messenger is expecting a reply when does the a Messenger begin
to "listen" for a reply?  After the message is settled or before?

How does a Messenger "listen" for a reply?  Is it enough to do  a "get" on the
reply-to Address supplied with the message?

It is obvious that the questions are similar in nature for the Messenger that
is in the role of responding to a request which is at the heart of the
fundamental question; transitioning between the implied roles in a Request
Reply scenario.

Last fundamental question is whether blocking is sufficient to emulate
synchronous call behavior?

Thanks for any inputs, insight or comments!

Paul Flores