Hi,

I'm trying to send a message from a Qpid 0.32 Python client (which uses
protocol 0-10), to Qpid Java Broker 6.0.2, and receive it with a 0-9-1 protocol
client (amqpy 0.12.4). The message content/body is a Python dictionary, which
is transparently encoded as a AMQP 0-10 map[1] by the sending client. Instead
of an AMQP 0-9-1 field-table[2], the receiving client gets the untranslated
AMQP 0-10 map, which it can only present as a raw byte string.

Is the "translates among all versions of AMQP" feature[3] of the Java Broker
supposed to include conversion of message bodies? Looking at
MessageConverter_0_10_to_0_8.java[4] it seems to only convert
headers/properties, and the body is just passed through unchanged. This doesn't
meet my impression of what is implied by the feature description.

Thanks,
Alex

[1] see AMQP 0-10 specification PDF, page 276
[2] see AMQP 0-9-1 specification PDF, section 4.2.1
[3] https://qpid.apache.org/components/java-broker/index.html
[4]
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/qpid/java/tags/6.0.2/broker-plugins/amqp-msg-conv-0-8-to-0-10/src/main/java/org/apache/qpid/server/protocol/converter/v0_8_v0_10/MessageConverter_0_10_to_0_8.java