On 06/07/16 17:42, Gordon Sim wrote:
On 06/07/16 17:14, Dale Green wrote:
I have an update on this issue.

According to Microsoft, state=Released is supported and now I can confirm
that this is true. If the message is released during the lifetime of the
consumer (before Detach), the same message is immediately unlocked and is
available for the same consumer or others depending on the credit.

However, what happens with Qpid JMS is that messageConsumer.close() first
sends a Detach frame and after that the Disposition frames if any. Is
this
correct from protocol point of view, as Service Bus seems to ignore such
dispositions?

The spec says:

    The disposition performative MAY refer to deliveries on links
    that are no longer attached. As long as the links have not been
    closed or detached with an error then the deliveries are still
    “live” and the updated state MUST be applied.

If the Detach sent by the client has closed=true, then I would think
that the deliveries associated with that link are implicitly ended. If
this is the case, then the client has a bug.

Just to clarify on this last part. All I meant is that any disposition sent after the close would not have any effect. So if the client intends to explicitly release it should do so before closing.

(If the closed flag was false, then I would think it would depend on the
expiry-policy for the link's source).

Is there any way to set the credit to 0, send the Dispositions, and then
Detach?