I am not an expert in all cluster things, but the only way I have seen qpid C++
brokers in a cluster is using rgmanager. It takes care of managing the need to
move the cluster primary around. It also manages the virtual IP address
assigned to the broker cluster - you didn't mention a virtual IP in your
question, but you will need it to use rgmanager for qpid HA.

-Steve