On 17 January 2017 at 09:49, Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 16/01/17 20:38, Timothy Bish wrote:
>>
>> There are no plans for a 1.0.0 release at this time.
>

> Qpid has historically been reluctant to go to a 1.0 for different reasons.
> One was the desire to wait for AMQP 1.0 (which took a long time to come, but
> has now been an ISO standard form a long time). Another was in case the API
> needed to change. For JMS this wouldn't really be an issue I wouldn't think.
>
> So while I have no objection to the current version number, I think we
> should not be afraid to move to a 1.0 or beyond. It doesn't mean there are
> no more bugs, but it does I think more accurately indicate the level of
> completeness and robustness.

I now see Rob has just beaten me to saying essentially the same thing,
but since I already typed it...

I think Tim simply meant we have not recently thought on when we might
do so, i.e. there are no plans, not that we never intend to or couldnt
decide to do so tomorrow if we wanted.

We have just changed the API version, and the mapping of certain
behaviours has not yet been finalised, so there are reasons I don't
actually think its entirely out of place for it to still be at 0.X so
far.

Robbie