On 05/01/17 08:39, drasil wrote:
I believe that I found a bug in the Qpid C++ broker (I tried versions 1.35
and 1.36 and both are affected). When the broker is configured to use the
DIGEST-MD5 SASL mechanism, the authentication passes successfully, but just
after that the broker issues a completely invalid AMQP 1.0 frame. As a
result, the client complains about a framing error and disconnects. I am
using a client based on python-qpid-proton 0.16.0 but that should not be
important I guess. When I change the SASL mechanism to CRAM-MD5, PLAIN or
ANONYMOUS, everything works well.

This was a proton-c bug, tracked by https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTON-1388 and now fixed. Thanks Andrew!