On 03/07/2017 12:23 PM, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
According to http://www.apache.org/dev/release-distribution.html#sigs-and-sums
.sha is actually required:

"An SHA checksum SHOULD also be created and MUST be suffixed .sha. The
checksum SHOULD be generated using SHA512."

I find the extension a little unhelpful personally, but ok.. :)

I would have voted for .sha256 for clarity

Robbie