Hello,

We are asked to deploy broker on random ports. So we thought about using Port 0
and let the Broker find available ports.

This works as expected however we have a concern with the port range.

It seems by default Java will take any port outside the well known ports and
assign it. However, in large environments, services are requested to use
private/dynamic ports (range 49152 to 65535 as specified by the Internet
Assigned Numbers Authority).

So I was wondering if there was a way to make the broker respect this port
range when it is passed a port value of 0?

Maybe allow the user to pass a property defining the range of ports available.

What do you think?

Regards,

Adel