When connecting to ActiveMQ via JMS I am using failover and also specifingy
the SSL parameters in the connection URI - as specified @
https://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-jms-0.21.0/docs/index.html

Questions:
* Is it possible to disable the logging of the JMS connection URI?
* If not, is it possible to mask out the URI's password parameters before
logging?
* Failing that, is it possible to disable ALL logging performed by the
components which identify themselves as 'FailoverProvider' and
'AmqpProvider' - if so, how? The logging level of my client application
(NiFi) seems to have absolutely zero effect on this.

I am using NiFi to connect to ActiveMQ, using qpid-jms-client 0.11.1 (with
javax.jms-api 2.0.1) and to do this I have developed a NiFi processor which
uses org.apache.qpid.jms.jndi.JmsInitialContextFactory and
javax.jms.ConnectionFactory (specifying the environment via a Hashtable) in
accordance with the guidance at
https://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-jms-0.21.0/docs/index.html

Note: I cannot use a later version of qpid-jms-client (because later
versions require Java 8, my project is Java 7).

Observations:

In the NiFi log, regardless of ActiveMQ's logging level or even if it is
running, I see lots of log entries, emitted from something called
'AmqpProvider' - they appear there, regardless of NiFi's logging level.

When the NiFi user stops/starts the processor, the NiFi processor
opens/closes the JMS connection, and this results in:
* an *INFO*-level log entry from 'AmqpProvider' reporting the
"o.a.qpid.jms.sasl.SaslMechanismFinder Best match for SASL auth was
SASL-PLAIN"
* an *INFO*-level log entry from 'FailoverProvider' reporting the connection
either "connected to remote Broker" or "Connection attempt [...] failed".
* a *DEBUG*-level log entry from 'AmqpProvider' reporting that connection
has been opened/closed.
* a *DEBUG*-level log entry from 'FailoverProvider' reporting the connection
is in-progress / being created (Executing Failover task: create) / being
destroyed (Executing Failover task: destroyed)

There are also periodic entries from 'AmqpProvider' at *DEBUG *level,
stating "proton.trace IN: CH[0] : Empty Frame".

In ALL of ^these log entries, the JMS connection URI is displayed, in full,
showing all the URI parameters, including those for
transport.keyStorePassword and transport.trustStorePassword, in plaintext.

I don't want that to happen. If the passwords can be starred out, that would
be good.

Ideally, I'd also like to be able to switch the logging off as its pretty
chatty, and I really don't want DEBUG level logging happening unless my
client application's logging level is set to DEBUG mode.

NiFi doesn't seem to use log4j - I can't see how its logging config file can
be modified to set the logging level for 'FailoverProvider' and
'AmqpProvider'.

Please help!