On 17 April 2017 at 18:34, Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I have put together a spin for a 0.22.0 Qpid JMS client release, please
> give it a test out and vote accordingly.
>
> The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/jms/0.22.0-rc1/
>
> The maven artifacts are also staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1104
>
> The JIRAs currently assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12314524&version=12340042
>
> Regards,
> Robbie
>
> P.S. If you want to test it out using maven (e.g with the examples src, or
> your own things), you can temporarily add this to your poms to access the
> staging repo:
>
>   <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
>
> <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1104</url>
>     </repository>
>   </repositories>
>
> The dependency for the client itself would then be:
>
>   <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>     <artifactId>qpid-jms-client</artifactId>
>     <version>0.22.0</version>
>   </dependency>

Adding my +1

I gave thigns a check over as follows:
- Verified the signature and checksum files.
- Checked LICENCE+NOTICE files are present/correct in src+bin archives.
- Ran mvn apache-rat:check to verify licence headers on the src archive.
- Ran the build and tests from the source release archive, no issues.
- Built the examples from the binary release archive using Maven with the
  staging repo and ran HelloWorld against Qpid Dispatch 0.8.0 rc3 tag,
  Qpid CPP master (both built against Proton 0.17.0), Qpid for Java 6.1.2,
  and ActiveMQ 5 master.
- Built the examples using javac manually and run to verify required libs
  were included in lib dir as expected.
- Ran the Joram JMS tests against the Qpid for Java master using the
  staging repo.
- Ran the ActiveMQ 5 master build and amqp tests using the staging repo.

Robbie