On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 8:56 PM, Gordon Sim <g...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 29/05/17 19:12, Alan Conway wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 2017-05-29 at 16:03 +0200, Jiri Danek wrote:
>>
>>> Hello, I've added http: yes to the listener in the default broker
>>> config.
>>> So my only listener on the router looks like this
>>>
>>> listener {
>>>    host: 0.0.0.0
>>>    port: amqp
>>>    authenticatePeer: no
>>>    saslMechanisms: ANONYMOUS
>>>    http: yes
>>> }
>>>
>>> I am now unable to connect with qdstat to the broker
>>>

>> http:yes means listen for HTTP/AMQP-over-websockets connections, not
>> normal AMQP. You can connect to the port with a web browser to see the
>> dispatch router management console.
>>
>> We don't (yet) support automatic detection of AMQP vs. HTTP protcols so
>> if you use http:yes, that port will only act as a HTTP server port, it
>> won't accept normal AMQP connections.
>>

> Perhaps it would be clearer to set the 'role' of the listener to 'http'
> (instead of 'normal')? That way you realise that you need a separate
> listener.
>
> (If and when there is some detection of protocols, then a 'protocols'
> option listing those enabled could be added).

To me, the http:yes option implies adding http support on top of the normal
amqp. Setting role:http would make it clearer in this respect. Since nobody
else complained, I am not sure if implementing the change is worth the
effort, though. Maybe just document it?

Instead of

                    "description": "Accept HTTP connections that can
upgrade to AMQP over WebSocket",

write

                    "description": "Accept HTTP connections that can
upgrade to AMQP over WebSocket. Plain AMQP connections are not accepted on
this listener.",

?
--
Jiří Daněk