I'm looking for *the best* Qpid client to execute my tests. Searching my
minimal Fedora 25 dnf fedora and update repos for qpid packages I find 100 of
them. That's quite a large API surface and makes it hard to new adopters to
start in the right place.

Some kind of scorecard on each of these libraries would be helpful.

* Is the package still maintained?
* Is the package the best available or should new users choose another?
* Is the package derived directly from an upstream release or is it an artifact
of fedora/centos/ubuntu/...?

|| Package                                     || Arch   || Summary ||
| libqpid-dispatch-devel                        | i686    | Development files
for Qpid Dispatch |
| libqpid-dispatch-devel                        | x86_64  | Development files
for Qpid Dispatch |
| libqpid-dispatch                              | i686    | The Qpid Dispatch
Router library |
| libqpid-dispatch                              | x86_64  | The Qpid Dispatch
Router library |
| mcollective-qpid-plugin                       | noarch  | m-collective
communication plugin for amqp enabled qpid broker |
| mingw32-qpid-cpp                              | noarch  | MinGW Windows port
of AMQP C++ Daemons and Libraries |
| mingw64-qpid-cpp                              | noarch  | MinGW Windows port
of AMQP C++ Daemons and Libraries |
| perl-qpid-messaging                           | x86_64  | Perl bindings for
the Qpid messaging framework |
| perl-qpid-proton                              | x86_64  | Perl language
bindings for Qpid Proton messaging framework |
| python3-qpid-proton                           | x86_64  | Python language
bindings for the Qpid Proton messaging framework |
| python-gofer-proton                           | noarch  | Gofer Qpid proton
messaging adapter python package |
| python-gofer-qpid                             | noarch  | Gofer Qpid
messaging adapter python package |
| python-qpid-common                            | noarch  | Shared code for
Qpid Python language bindings |
| python-qpid-messaging                         | x86_64  | Python bindings for
the Qpid messaging framework |
| python-qpid                                   | noarch  | Python client
library for AMQP |
| python-qpid-proton-doc                        | noarch  | Documentation for
the Python language bindings for Qpid Proton |
| python-qpid-proton-docs                       | noarch  | Documentation for
the Python language bindings for Qpid Proton |
| python-qpid-proton                            | x86_64  | Python language
bindings for the Qpid Proton messaging framework |
| python-qpid-qmf                               | i686    | The QPID Management
Framework bindings for python |
| python-qpid-qmf                               | x86_64  | The QPID Management
Framework bindings for python |
| qpid-bdbstore-jmx                             | noarch  | Qpid BDB Message
Store JMX |
| qpid-bdbstore                                 | noarch  | Qpid BDB Message
Store |
| qpid-broker-codegen                           | noarch  | Qpid Broker Code
Generation |
| qpid-broker-core                              | noarch  | Qpid Java Broker
Core |
| qpid-broker                                   | noarch  | Qpid Java Broker |
| qpid-broker-plugins-access-control            | noarch  | Qpid Access Control
Broker Plug-in |
| qpid-broker-plugins-amqp-0-10-protocol        | noarch  | Qpid AMQP 0-10
Protocol Broker Plug-in |
| qpid-broker-plugins-amqp-0-8-protocol         | noarch  | Qpid AMQP 0-8
Protocol Broker Plug-in |
| qpid-broker-plugins-amqp-1-0-protocol         | noarch  | Qpid AMQP 1-0
Protocol Broker Plug-in |
| qpid-broker-plugins-amqp-msg-conv-0-10-to-1-0 | noarch  | Qpid AMQP 0-10 to
1-0 Message Conversion Broker Plug-in |
| qpid-broker-plugins-amqp-msg-conv-0-8-to-0-10 | noarch  | Qpid AMQP 0-8 to
0-10 Message Conversion Broker Plug-in |
| qpid-broker-plugins-amqp-msg-conv-0-8-to-1-0  | noarch  | Qpid AMQP 0-8 to
1-0 Message Conversion Broker Plug-in |
| qpid-broker-plugins-derby-store               | noarch  | Qpid Derby Message
Store |
| qpid-broker-plugins-jdbc-store                | noarch  | Qpid JDBC Message
Store Broker Plug-in |
| qpid-broker-plugins-management-amqp           | noarch  | Qpid AMQP
Management Protocol Broker Plug-in |
| qpid-broker-plugins-management-jmx            | noarch  | Qpid JMX Management
Broker Plug-in |
| qpid-broker-plugins-memory-store              | noarch  | Qpid Memory Message
Store Broker Plug-in |
| qpid-broker-plugins-websocket                 | noarch  | Qpid WebSocket
Broker Plug-in |
| qpid-client-examples                          | noarch  | Qpid AMQP 0-x JMS
Client Examples |
| qpid-client                                   | noarch  | Qpid AMQP 0-x JMS
Client |
| qpid-common                                   | noarch  | Qpid Common |
| qpid-cpp-client-devel-docs                    | noarch  | AMQP client
development documentation |
| qpid-cpp-client-devel                         | i686    | Header files,
documentation and testing tools for developing Qpid C++ clients |
| qpid-cpp-client-devel                         | x86_64  | Header files,
documentation and testing tools for developing Qpid C++ clients |
| qpid-cpp-client-docs                          | noarch  | AMQP client
development documentation |
| qpid-cpp-client                               | i686    | Libraries for Qpid
C++ client applications |
| qpid-cpp-client-rdma                          | i686    | RDMA Protocol
support (including Infiniband) for Qpid clients |
| qpid-cpp-client-rdma                          | x86_64  | RDMA Protocol
support (including Infiniband) for Qpid clients |
| qpid-cpp-client                               | x86_64  | Libraries for Qpid
C++ client applications |
| qpid-cpp-server-devel                         | i686    | Libraries and
header files for developing Qpid broker extensions |
| qpid-cpp-server-devel                         | x86_64  | Libraries and
header files for developing Qpid broker extensions |
| qpid-cpp-server-ha                            | x86_64  | Provides extensions
to the AMQP message broker to provide high availability |
| qpid-cpp-server                               | i686    | An AMQP message
broker daemon |
| qpid-cpp-server-linearstore                   | x86_64  | Red Hat persistence
extension to the Qpid messaging sytem |
| qpid-cpp-server-rdma                          | x86_64  | RDMA Protocol
support (including Infiniband) for the Qpid daemon |
| qpid-cpp-server                               | x86_64  | An AMQP message
broker daemon |
| qpid-cpp-server-xml                           | x86_64  | XML extensions for
the Qpid daemon |
| qpid-dispatch-docs                            | noarch  | Documentation for
the Qpid Dispatch router |
| qpid-dispatch-router-docs                     | noarch  | Documentation for
the Qpid Dispatch router |
| qpid-dispatch-router                          | x86_64  | The Qpid Dispatch
Router executable |
| qpid-dispatch-tools                           | x86_64  | Tools for the Qpid
Dispatch router |
| qpid-java-build                               | noarch  | Qpid Java Build POM
|
| qpid-java-javadoc                             | noarch  | Javadoc for
qpid-java |
| qpid-java-tools                               | noarch  | Qpid Tools |
| qpid-jca                                      | noarch  | Qpid JCA Resource
Adapter |
| qpid-jms-client                               | noarch  | QpidJMS Client |
| qpid-jms-discovery                            | noarch  | QpidJMS Discovery
Library |
| qpid-jms-examples                             | noarch  | QpidJMS Examples |
| qpid-jms-javadoc                              | noarch  | Javadoc for
qpid-jms |
| qpid-jms-parent                               | noarch  | QpidJMS Parent POM |
| qpid-management-common                        | noarch  | Qpid Management
Common |
| qpid-management-examples                      | noarch  | Qpid Management
Examples |
| qpid-perftests                                | noarch  | Qpid Performance
Tests |
| qpid-perftests-visualisation-jfc              | noarch  | Qpid Performance
Tests Visualisation JFC |
| qpid-proton-c-devel-doc                       | noarch  | Documentation for
the C development libraries for Qpid Proton |
| qpid-proton-c-devel-docs                      | noarch  | Documentation for
the C development libraries for Qpid Proton |
| qpid-proton-c-devel                           | i686    | Development
libraries for writing messaging apps with Qpid Proton |
| qpid-proton-c-devel                           | x86_64  | Development
libraries for writing messaging apps with Qpid Proton |
| qpid-proton-c-docs                            | noarch  | Documentation for
the C development libraries for Qpid Proton |
| qpid-proton-c                                 | i686    | C libraries for
Qpid Proton |
| qpid-proton-cpp-devel                         | i686    | Development
libraries for writing messaging apps with Qpid Proton |
| qpid-proton-cpp-devel                         | x86_64  | Development
libraries for writing messaging apps with Qpid Proton |
| qpid-proton-cpp-docs                          | noarch  | Documentation for
the C++ development libraries for Qpid Proton |
| qpid-proton-cpp                               | i686    | C++ libraries for
Qpid Proton |
| qpid-proton-cpp                               | x86_64  | C++ libraries for
Qpid Proton |
| qpid-proton-c                                 | x86_64  | C libraries for
Qpid Proton |
| qpid-proton-java-javadoc                      | noarch  | Javadoc for
qpid-proton-java |
| qpid-proton-java                              | noarch  | Java libraries for
Qpid Proton |
| qpid-qmf-devel                                | i686    | Header files and
tools for developing QMF extensions |
| qpid-qmf-devel                                | x86_64  | Header files and
tools for developing QMF extensions |
| qpid-qmf                                      | i686    | The QPID Management
Framework |
| qpid-qmf                                      | x86_64  | The QPID Management
Framework |
| qpid-tests                                    | noarch  | Conformance tests
for Apache Qpid |
| qpid-test-utils                               | noarch  | Qpid Test Utilities
|
| qpid-tools                                    | noarch  | Management and
diagostic tools for Apache Qpid |
| rubygem-qpid_messaging-doc                    | noarch  | Documentation for
rubygem-qpid_messaging |
| rubygem-qpid_messaging                        | x86_64  | Ruby bindings for
the Qpid messaging framework |
| rubygem-qpid_proton-doc                       | noarch  | Documentation for
rubygem-qpid_proton |
| rubygem-qpid_proton                           | x86_64  | Ruby language
bindings for the Qpid Proton messaging framework |
| ruby-qpid-qmf                                 | x86_64  | The QPID Management
Framework bindings for ruby |