Kai,

Please take a look at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DISPATCH-781
for insight into how link capacity is used for end-to-end flow control and
a prototyped new way to use it.

A quick summary is that synchronizing credit across a network is
impractical at scale.  Instead, we use link capacity to establish local
credit loops (between endpoint and connected router) and then use delivery
settlement as the control for end-to-end flow control (and load balancing).

maxFrameSize and maxSessionFrames are for session flow control and are
completely unrelated to link/credit flow control.  linkCapacity is
therefore not related to maxFrameSize/maxSessionFrames.

-Ted