Hi Philipp,

On Thu, Sep 14, 2017 at 9:16 AM, Philipp Eib <philipp....@greenteg.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> what do I need to set to build the proton bindings for python3 instead of
> the default python2?
>

> Background:
>
> I need Proton with SSL support. Unfortunately, the python3-qpid-proton
> package for Ubuntu is not built with SSL support => I get an error
> "SSLUnavailable: amqps: SSL libraries not found".

Hrm... what version of the python3-qpid-proton package did you
install?   Did you install it from the Qpid released PPA?

I'm on 16.04, have added the Qpid PPA (sudo add-apt-repository
ppa:qpid/released) and installed python3-qpid-proton version 0.10-2
via apt-get.
Looks like it's dependent on libssl.  And importing the proton module
in python3 shows that SSL support is present:

kgiusti@Ubuntu16:~$ python3
Python 3.5.2 (default, Nov 17 2016, 17:05:23)
[GCC 5.4.0 20160609] on linux
>>> import proton
>>> proton.SSL.present()
True