electing the libuv proactor does not "unlock other functionalities in
proton".  They all provide the same feature set.

Its purpose is indeed to increase the range of supported operating systems.

On platforms that have custom proactor implementations, i.e epoll on
Linux and iocp on Windows, the custom implementation is expected to be
more performant than libuv.

According to the top level README, qpid dispatch "will not build on
Windows".  But if it did, it should be possible to to use either a
libuv or iocp based proton implementation with it.

Cliff[