On Fri, 2019-12-13 at 14:20 +0000, HADI Ali wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Sorry for the late reply. Thank you for the dev, it allows us to
> discover new endpoints when trying to reconnect.
>
> However there is one use case that we covered in Java with QPID-JMS
> that we couldn’t handle in C++.
> If at the creation of the connection, no messaging server is yet
> available, we want to trigger a retry on the DiscoveryAgent until new
> endpoints are found.
>
> Do you think it is possible to trigger the retry strategy already
> implemented without explicitly passing a URL at the creation of the
> connection?

As the code currently stands I don't think this is possible. I'm not
sure if it ever will be, as what triggers the reconnect logic is
actually failing to connect, so if you have no url to try you can't
fail! We could perhaps get around this somehow, but the case doesn't
fit the current connnection model - can you perhaps delay creating the
connection until you know at least one of the urls?

> Another note : even if we can discover new endpoints and update the
> failover URLs, the primary URL cannot be updated even if it’s not
> available anymore.

You can change the original url by setting the reconnect_url option.

Andrew