On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 4:33 AM Robbie Gemmell <robbie.gemm...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I'm glad to see a followup release being done, but I find it
> surprising that more of the resolved 'bug' JIRA fixes aren't being
> included:
>

> https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20DISPATCH%20AND%20issuetype%20%3D%20Bug%20AND%20status%20%3D%20Resolved%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%201.17.0
>
> Particularly the ones that are marked as blockers, but I'd wonder
> about various others too, especially given one of the few JIRAs being
> included isnt a bug fix.

That's understandable, but we have to consider minimizing risk to the
stability of the 1.16.x branch as well.

While we do have a number of blockers fixed, we're also seeing a number of
CI failures on main.  We're moving towards fixing these, but without
knowing the root causes for these failures I'm a bit reluctant to introduce
more stuff onto the stable branch than absolutely necessary.

The fixes that have been proposed address issues found by users of the TCP
functionality introduced in 1.16.0 that basically make that functionality
unusable for their purposes. From that perspective it can be argued that
DISPATCH-2142 is more bugfix than improvement.