Von: Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 15. Juli 2021 19:44
An: users@qpid.apache.org
Betreff: Re: [Qpid Java] How do I connect with ActiveMQ at AWS?

On 7/15/21 1:24 PM, Peter Grzeschik wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to create/send a message to a topic.
> For this I'm using Java/Kotlin with
> https://qpid.apache.org/releases/qpid-protonj2-1.0.0-M1
>
> Target-Broker: ActiveMQ v5.15.15
> Target-URL:
> amqp+ssl://b-xxxxxxxx-xxxx-4xxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxxx-1.mq.eu-central-1.a
> mazonaws.com:5671 On ActiveMQ the access is restricted to users, but
> they are currently allowed to create a topic: <authorizationEntry
> admin="myUserName" read="myUserName" topic="&gt;" write="myUserName"/>
>

> -----------8<---------------------------
> val client = Client.create(ClientOptions().id("myClientId"))
> val options = ConnectionOptions()
> options.user("myUserName")
> options.password("myPassword")
> options.reconnectEnabled(true)
> options.sslEnabled(true)
> // options.saslOptions().saslEnabled(true)
> // options.saslOptions().addAllowedMechanism("PLAIN")
> val connection =
> client.connect("b-xxxxxxxx-xxxx-4xxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxxx-1.mq.eu-centra
> l-1.amazonaws.com", 5671, options) val session =
> connection.openSession() val sender =
> session.openSender("topic://myTopic")
> ----------->8---------------------------
>
> With SSL only (as above) I get:
> -----------8<---------------------------
> [org.apache.qpid.protonj2.client.impl.ClientTransportListener]
> (ClientConnection :(ID:xxxx:1:1): I/O Thread) Caught problem during
> incoming data processing: Received SASL Header but no SASL support
> configured:
> org.apache.qpid.protonj2.engine.exceptions.EngineFailedException:
> Received SASL Header but no SASL support configured
> ----------->8---------------------------

This error would imply you've disabled SASL on the client but the broker is
indicating it wants a SASL exchange in order to allow the client to connect
even if that is done via an SASL ANONYMOUS mechanism.

> With SSL + SASL:
> -----------8<---------------------------
> [org.apache.qpid.protonj2.client.impl.ClientConnection]
> (ClientConnection :(ID:xxxx:1:1): I/O Thread) Connection ID:xxxx:1:1
> has failed due to: ClientConnectionSecuritySaslException -> SASL
> exchange failed to authenticate client
> [org.apache.qpid.protonj2.client.impl.ClientTransportListener]
> (ClientConnection :(ID:xxxx:1:1): I/O Thread) Caught problem during
> incoming data processing: Cannot ingest data into an Engine that has
> been shutdown or failed:
> org.apache.qpid.protonj2.engine.exceptions.EngineFailedException:
> Cannot ingest data into an Engine that has been shutdown or failed

This one indicates there's either an error in the SASL authentication exchange
or possibly you've configured SSL but not added any trust store configuration
to allow the client to fully connect and validate the broker certificate.

I'd suggest turning on AMQP frame tracing using PN_TRACE_FRM=true and capturing
trace logs to dig a bit deeper.  I've not attempted any connections to AWS
ActiveMQ or much testing with ActiveMQ 5 in general.

--
Tim Bish