Dear Qpid Proton users!

I have multiple C++ applications connecting to a message broker, to the
same queue. I'd like to filter messages based on a value of one field in
the application-property map. Every message has a unique "application_id"
field in its application-property map and would like to consume those
messages from the queue which belong to a particular consumer (identified
by this application_id). I know there is a filtering mechanism available,
like described in the example selected_recv.cpp, however I don't know if
this picks the key from the application-property map or from the property
section (following that example none of my consumers received any message).
Furthermore, what's the proper syntax/semantics of a filtering expression?
Thank you!

Kind regards,
Balint Bertalan