On Fri, Mar 18, 2022 at 10:20 AM Roddie Kieley <rkie...@apache.org> wrote:

> Has anyone else been testing with python 3.10? I see that we specify
> python 3.6+ as per:
>
> -- Found Python: /usr/bin/python3.10 (found suitable version "3.10.0",
> minimum required is "3.6") found components: Interpreter Development
> Development.Module Development.Embed
>
> but on Fedora 34 with python 3.10 installed and built using gcc I see that
> the c-fdlimits-tests fail intermittently. With clang 12.0.1 + python 3.10
> the list of failures is larger and more consistent. Should we expect this
> to be a python 3.10 to be usable at the moment? If this is not an issue
> specific to my environment, are we able to release note it?

Python 3.10 is default on Fedora 35 as well, so I expect most people here
will use this version of Python.

Does the fdlimits failure look anything like the former problems with the
test?
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20PROTON%20AND%20text%20~%20c-fdlimits-tests

What are the other failures? Could it be that newer Python is more
sensitive to detecting resource leaks?
--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards
Jiri Daněk