On 5/30/22 07:32, Jiri Daněk wrote:
On Fri, May 27, 2022 at 6:05 PM Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 5/27/22 11:42, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
On Thu, 26 May 2022 at 19:57, Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi folks,

I have put together a release candidate for a 1.0.0-M1 Qpid
proton-dotnet release,
please give it a test out and vote accordingly. This is the first
milestone release for this
new .NET based AMQP client and accompanying protocol engine.

The source and binary archives can be grabbed from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/proton-dotnet/1.0.0-M1-rc1/

The JIRAs assigned are:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/PROTON/versions/12351750

Regards

--
Tim Bish

+1

I checked things over as follows:
- Verified the signature + checksum files.
- Checked for LICENCE + NOTICE files in the archives.
- Used "mvn apache-rat:check" to verify headers in the source archive.
- Ran the source build and tests in container using "./build.sh
podman-test", all passed.

Some trivial niggles noticed:
- The "podman-test" command isnt listed in the build.sh usage
Thanks, that was a late addition and I'll add an entry for the next
release.  I noticed some other cleanups that could be done but thought
it was good to get a release milestone out so more eyes can hit this

- The usage help is effectively printed twice due to the script always
setting debug flag.
- The GitHub Actions CI build is using .Net 5 and generating a warning
about it being EOL, the job should be updated to use .Net 6 instead.
Will move that up to 6 still targeting the  5.0 framework

When I wanted to build from source using dotnet 6.0 on Linux, I got an
error saying that 5.0 is required. I think that (if possible), the project
should be configured to use "current or any higher available" version.
Given that dotnet 7.0 is already a thing

```
/home/jdanek/repos/qpid/qpid-proton-dotnet/examples/Example.HelloWorld/bin/Debug/net5.0/Example.HelloWorld
It was not possible to find any compatible framework version
The framework 'Microsoft.NETCore.App', version '5.0.0' (x64) was not found.
   - The following frameworks were found:
       6.0.4 at [/usr/lib64/dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App]

Another option that is built into the project configuration here is to specify what frameworks you want on build

building with: "dotnet build /property:DefaultTargetFrameworkVersion=net6.0" will build everything with a target of net6.0

buidling with: "dotnet build /property:DefaultExeTargetFrameworkVersion=net6.0" will build the library with the intended net5.0 targeting but build the examples with a net6.0 target

You can resolve the problem by installing the specified framework and/or
SDK.

The specified framework can be found at:
   -
https://aka.ms/dotnet-core-applaunch?framework=Microsoft.NETCore.App&framework_version=5.0.0&arch=x64&rid=fedora.36-x64

Process finished with exit code 150.
```
It should be that roll-forward policy thing, afaik. Meanwhile, I just did
search/replace for net5.0 to net6.0.

--
Tim Bish