Hey all,

I would like to send directly to Azure Event Hubs using QPID Proton from a
C++ shared library. The docs on Microsoft's site (
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/event-hubs/event-hubs-c-getstarted-send)
are unfortunately out of date and refer to the Qpid AMQP Messenger (
https://qpid.apache.org/proton/messenger.html) which has been deprecated.

The URL format Microsoft specifies is:

"amqps://{SAS Key Name}:{SAS key}@{namespace
name}.servicebus.windows.net/{event hub name}";

When I copy my SAS token and key (and URL-Encode the key value) from Azure,
I **AM** able to send a couple dummy messages using Microsoft's Python
example (
https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/event-hubs/event-hubs-python-get-started-send).
However, using the *exact same URI with Proton*, I'm getting an error back
from Azure like:
"amqp:unauthorized-access: Unauthorized access. 'Send' claim(s) are
required to perform this operation. Resource: 'sb://{{obfuscated}}.service
bus.windows.net/{{obfuscated}}'. TrackingId:{{obfuscated}},
SystemTracker:gateway5, Timestamp:2022-
08-05T17:54:44"

Keep in mind the "Send claims are required" bit is a red herring. This
event hub already has Send claims. And the Python example works just fine.

I referred to the examples/helloworld, simple_send, direct_send but I'm
getting the same error with all of them.

Thanks very much for any help!
Zaq