Perhaps I'm missing something very obvious ... we have an existing C++
application that I'd like to integrate QPID Proton CPP into (it will be
both Windows and Linux). On Windows, I imported the qpid-proton-cpp.lib and
compilation is all fine and linked fine.

To make things simple, I basically just copied examples/simple_send.cpp
into a little console app as the main.

During runtime, but only using the Debug configuration, I get strange
errors such as "string too long" or "std::bad_alloc at memory location
...". Running the Release configuration is just fine.

Any ideas? Eventually I would like to make this available as a dll where
our partners in other divisions can use the Debugger for their own
applications so "Just use Release" isn't really a viable option. This is
using version 0.37 of the cpp lib (latest).

Thanks,
Zaq