FWIW, I just tried Racket 6.1 installing PLaneT "neil/csv:1:7", and two observations:

* I don't immediately know why, but my Racket 6.1 (command-line "racket", and DrRacket) doesn't build the documentation when installing the PLaneT package. I can't look into this right now.

* The performance looks fine, for not building the documentation. (This is on a 6+ year-old 32-bit x86 GNU/Linux laptop with slow spinning hard drive, running a Racket I built from source.)

I haven't played with Racket 6.x much, since the main project I'm working on right now is still using Racket 5.3.4 (with Ryan's essential PostgreSQL SSL patch).

(Aside, so I don't give the wrong impression... That project doesn't have anything against 6.x. When 6.0 came out, preliminary tests with it were fine, but we decided to take a wait&see, since the Racket architecture was being shaken up, and the timing wasn't great for us to evaluate stability and security. Since then, I haven't heard of any big issues with 6.x, and I ran a development tree OK under 6.1 incidentally recently, but there hasn't yet been a need or good opportunity to switch production to 6.x. For my personal and open source work, I use the latest released version of Racket.)

If anyone finds a problem with my open source packages, please CC my personal email address, so that I'm sure to see your message.

[~] rm -rf ~/.racket/6.1 ~/.racket/planet/300/6.1 ~/.racket/planet/300/packages/

[~] /usr/local/racket-6.1/bin/racket --version
Welcome to Racket v6.1.

[~] time /usr/local/racket-6.1/bin/racket -e '(begin (require (planet neil/csv:1:=7)) (csv->sxml "a,b"))'
'(*TOP* (row (col-0 "a") (col-1 "b")))

real    0m21.526s
user    0m18.365s
sys    0m2.744s

[~] time /usr/local/racket-6.1/bin/racket -e '(begin (require (planet neil/csv:1:=7)) (csv->sxml "a,b"))'
'(*TOP* (row (col-0 "a") (col-1 "b")))

real    0m0.660s
user    0m0.568s
sys    0m0.088s