Small comment: In addition to discoverability, try to have this go direct to *understanding* of how&when to use "errortrace".

(Multiple times over the years, I have been doing crucial performance optimizations to server code, and remnants of various versions of "errortrace" kept getting added back into the code. Pattern: get it optimized, incidentally also remove killer "errortrace" bits, then someone merges the changes, and some terrible "#! ... -l errortrace" or ancient "require ... errortrace.ss" somehow sneaks back into several different places each in multiple branches, sneaks back into hurting production capacity. Even if you provide a switch in the app-specific build environment to enable/disable errortrace. With lots of code and lots of branches and merging, it seems that errortrace can be like bed bugs -- terrorizing you with small bites everywhere, and you just can't get rid of it. This might seem like a CM and merging problem, not an "errortrace" problem, but it seems somewhat peculiar to "errortrace" in practice. I am forming a theory that some programmers are afraid to let a merge remove whatever cargo-cult incantations they found in the past gave them better backtraces, damn any consequences. :) Hence my suggestion to have your improved discoverability send the programmer direct to *understanding*, rather than to cargo-cult "add this magical snippet to your project" with an implied "and never lose the faith".)

(Like many programming pragmatics, I know it looks silly to consider this seemingly little thing a matter of importance worth mention, but my view from the ground is that it has been important.)

Neil V.

 Racket Users list:
 http://lists.racket-lang.org/users