Which FlexJS/Royale version do you use?
I remember that this worked for me with FlexJS 0.8.0 [1].
(I will check it out soon with the latest snapshot version).

[1]
                        private function onResult(result:Event):void {
                                var jsonResult:Object =
JSON.parse(result.target.data as String) as
Object;

                                // Populate iframe
                                this.addIframe(jsonResult.projectUrl);

                                // Populate console with compiler output
                                this.tiConsole.text = jsonResult.compilerOutput;
                        }