I honestly don't know what the implications are of changing it.  I don't know
if it is like a Copyright, and I honestly don't want to go asking around Adobe
about it right now.

We changed mx and spark because it isn't the same API, it is a
subset/emulation.  I don't think we've changed the MXML APIs/spec.  But if we
have or if we do someday, then it will make more sense to change it.

I would also wonder how many IDEs are expecting the MXML namespace.  Any IDE
should be able to handle other namespaces for third-party libraries, but the
MXML namespace might be special-cased.

I think we have bigger issues to tackle than this for right now, and I think we
could change it later, especially if we do change something about MXML and a
few more years pass and everyone is using newer IDEs that can handle the change.

My 2 cents,
-Alex