Hi,

most of the time, Royale classes are not exactly as MX classes, since in
Royale we try to stick with PAYG concepts and could not have APIs that are
for "just in case" scenarios.
Being said that don't know if "request" is something is missing or is
something Alex and others want to implement in the HTTPService royale
version. But if you want 1:1 compatibility maybe is better to use the MX
version.

IMHO, I use to work with new royale UI set concepts (Jewel) but combine
with other "infrastructure" code that is in MX emulation (mostly AMF,
HTTPService, Formatters,...), so migration is more easy, but leverage the
new things we have today in browsers and interfaces.

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira