I'm only talking about client code only accessing the server. I know that
MonaServer is the replacement but I was just focusing on the JS code that we
could use instead of rewriting everything from scratch.

I found also this repo which already has all the client code for RTMP missing
the RTMFP side.

https://github.com/illuspas/Node-Media-Server

Specifically this file which has all the client side already:
https://github.com/illuspas/Node-Media-Server/blob/master/node_rtmp_client.js

Best regards