Hi,

Currently the module feature still has some issues to be solved. I think it
needs more work to be done by people like Greg or Josh.

About your issue. The example is working if you use Maven build, since it
needed copying the module to the main app target folder so the runtime
example could find the module.
That work was never done for ANT or for IDEs.

Anyone wanting to use modules seriously should talk with Greg and Josh to
allow solve all the problems, also I think (but is my opinion) contract
them for payed hours would be the best to make it real soon.

Just my 2