On 24/02/2021 06:45, Chris Johns wrote:
On 24/2/21 4:21 pm, Gedare Bloom wrote:
On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 10:20 PM Gedare Bloom <ged...@rtems.org> wrote:

On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 3:36 PM Chris Johns <chr...@rtems.org> wrote:

On 24/2/21 5:53 am, Heinz Junkes wrote:
it works with the Ubuntu package : qemu-system-arm 1:4.2-3ubuntu6.14

That is interesting. Which version of qemu does ubuntu provide?

That's qemu-4.2

https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/qemu/1:4.2-3ubuntu6.14

With a couple of patches applied

We are now on qemu-5 ....

https://git.rtems.org/rtems-source-builder/tree/bare/config/devel/qemu.bset

I moved us to this version to pick up the fixes to the networking support when
debugging on the zynq. There was an invalid assert that stopped qemu with gdb
connected and a network interface configured. I work around the problem on the
zynq by using telnet.

Chris

Seems to be a very version specific problem. Everything works fine with a qemu from the master branch from a few days back (b826fb8002e624).

Christian