I'm trying to understand how to build/link code to use the dynamic loader in RTEMS v5.1. I'm using https://docs.rtems.org/releases/rtems-5.1/user/exe/loader.html as a reference.

My codebase has a core object and several components that will be loaded at boot time. I do the 2-pass linking step with the embedded global symbol table on my core object, and then run rtems-syms to generate "*-sym.o" objects for my runtime files (but do -not- send them through a second linking pass).

Now I have a core object and several "fooX.o" and "fooX-sym.o" files.. what do I do from here? Are the fooX-sym.o files supposed to be linked into the core object somehow?

I'm sure I'm missing an obvious step.  Any pointers?

Thanks!
john.c

--
John Clemens <john.clem...@jhuapl.edu>