On 27.01.11 17:55, "Andrew Top" <a...@adobe.com> wrote:
>    I have a node at /records say.  I want to user to be able to hit that
>node by specifying the URL:  http://server:port/records.

What do you mean by "hit that node"? How do the responses look like -
html, xml, etc.?

>  I have been using resourceType to accomplish that.  But without
>specifying any selectors, extensions, suffixes, or anything else, I find
>I need to use GET.jsp.  Is there a better way?  Or do I require the user
>to add a 'html'?

You add whatever extension (and selectors) you are using. Using extensions
based on the response format is such a good practice that it is built into
the heart of Sling.

Using no extension at all is possible, but then you need to manually
handle the default servlets if you rely on them. For example, for the json
needed by getContent() you would have a GET.json.jsp and do sth. like
<sling:include resourceType="default-json-servlet"> (where
default-json-servlet needs to be replaced with the right type, I don't
know it at the moment).

Regards,
Alex

--