Hi,

Am Donnerstag, den 03.03.2011, 17:07 +0000 schrieb Carl Hall:
> There seem to be 3 things to accomplish here:
> * Change logging order to have slf4j write into the LogService then have a
> LogListener that will handle writing to logback, etc.

I would not do that. Rather keep the structure as it is now.

Maybe we can just provide a custom logback appender which emits the OSGi
events requested by Bertrand ?

> * Replace homegrown log mechanism with logback (or something comparable)
> * maintaining all current functionality.

+1 to both.

> And while I'm buying cycles I might as well try to accomplish everything. :)
>
> I feel decently comfortable in the code as I spent last night getting a map
> of the terrain. I have started a local git branch for performing these
> changes. I'll file 2 JIRAs to cover this (change to logback, change
> processing order).
>
> Felix, is this [1] the whiteboard sanbox you speak of?

Exactly. But you might also use the Apache Review Board, if you like.

> Let me know if I sound crazy on any of this.

All things said, except: Thanks a lot for taking this over !

Regards
Felix