I'm currently working in CQ5 and I'm in the process of developing a utility
function that needs to iterate over the html that's being generated. I'm not
able to utilize the default "global" pipeline that cq5 provides as it only
generates events for certain type of dom objects and when I attempted to use
the html-generator from sling I ran into the side of effect of it forcing the
html that it's processing into a html4 standard output. i.e. if it was
processing the output of a component it would add the html and body tags.

Is there a generator that just processes the html that's there?