On 08.01.2014, at 08:36, Buzzterrier <tje...@blueorigin.com> wrote:

> We are using :nameHint to create a node. We would like to add some properties
> to the this node when it is created. Is there a way to do this?

Just specify the properties normally using the sling post servlet. For
:nameHint, you will use an URL ending with / or /*. All the properties set like
"myproperty=foo" as request parameter will be relative to the node addressed in
the URL, which in case of the wildcard will be that newly created node.

Here is an example (from the top off my head):

POST /content/*
:nameHint = blogpost
jcr:title = My first post
jcr:description = This is my first post.

Cheers,
Alex