Hi Anjan,

Thanks for the suggestion. Is this reliable though especially since
this may be running on a wide variety of machines (very slow ones and
very fast ones)? How long should the sleep be?

I guess I was thinking it might be useful to add a command line option
to the launcher, something like:
  -x extract the sling files and then exit

The main purpose here is to speed up startup time for subsequent runs :)

Cheers,

David