Hi Henry. Sorry for the late answer and happy new year :-)

Le 31/12/2014 01:26, Henry Saginor a écrit :
You could add Makdown4j as embedded dependency inside your pom, something felix
maven plugin supports [1]. It does not have to be an OSGi bundle. It will just
get embedded in your OSGi bundles’ jar and added to it’s internal classpath.

Thanks ! Adding <Embed-Dependency> to the pom did the trick!

You could also try to add it to the /apps/<appDir>/install in Sling. I believe
jcrinstaller has some magic to wrap it as OSGi bundle even if it does not have OSGi
manifest headers.
I think neither one of these are great solutions. It would be better to
actually add Markdown as another supported scripting/templating option to Sling
in its own bundle. But for your purpose these would work.

Indeed, there seems to be a number of "magic" places in Sling. I've seen some of them mentioned in the docs ( (/apps, /var, /etc...) but haven't found a comprehensive list. Or did I miss it?

By the way I am experimenting with Sightly+Sling and will probably work on an
example. I am thinking implementing a blog would be an interesting exercise. If
you are interested I could put something in github. But most likely it will not
be this holiday weekend. :)
Sightly is a new templating engine that was just contributed by Adobe to Sling.

Any template language is certainly better than JSP :-)

I've read about Slightly, and it looks nice and modern. I'm also a big fan of attribute-driven and element-driven templates that don't mix foreign control structures (e.g. <%= and %>) in markup. One of the many reasons I love AngularJS!

+1 for helping building a blog engine if I can, or at least learn from it. And Github is fine, but you should consider contributing it as a tutorial for Sling newbies like me!

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez - http://bluxte.net