On Tuesday, January 13, 2015, Bruce Edge <bruce.e...@nextissuemedia.com>
wrote:

> ...Forgot to ask, are there any docs for crankstart aside from the code
> itself?...

No, but there's not much to document either (*). I think the
launcher/src/test/resources/launcher-test.crank.txt test file demonstrates
all the features.

> ...IMO what would be helpful is an initial crankstart config that
replicates
> the config that one gets with the default sling launchpad...

Like all good software, "it's already in there" is the answer ;-)

The CrankstartInventoryPrinter spits out a (best effort so far) crankstart
file from a running Sling instance, just install the
org.apache.sling.crankstart.api and
org.apache.sling.crankstart.sling.extensions bundles on that instance and
go to system/console/status-crankstart . The generated crankstart file will
probably need some tweaks but it's a nice way of cloning a running instance
via crankstart.

(*) Ok, so there's something do document now...I've made a note of that.

-Bertrand