Thanks Bertrand, Robert. I am exploring an approach wherein the Sling
webdav servlet would be passed a tika detector via @Reference as suggested
. The current SlingTikaDetector would also expose itself as a service and
the webdav servlet will get its reference for further use. Alternatively,
one can pass another tika detector to the webdav servlet. Sling launchpad
already includes a Tika Osgi bundle which provides the default TikaDetector
which can be used as an alternative to the internal SlingTikaDetector . I
have logged https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SLING-4694 to track this.

Regards
Satya Deep