Hi Chetan,

[1] My use case is that I will have Sling 8 running, using its Oak repository
underneath and using DocumentNodeStore (for MongoDB). I will then have a
separate application running outside Sling that uses the JCR and Oak API, that
has numerous REST services (which add/modify/add-children-to/... nodes in
Sling's repository), which will not have its own repository but will instead
use the one that is underneath Sling to make changes to. I hope to be able to
make changes in one (Sling or my app outside Sling) and have the other notice
these changes immediately, if possible.

Yes, DavEx-based remoting works perfect. Thanks for the suggestion.

I suppose my intention is to have a  Sling framework with an Oak content
repository somewhere and have numerous Oak applications connecting to the
repository. I intend to serve multiple customers (multi-tenant) and likely will
be employing cloud storage in the future. For various reasons, MongoDB is
preferred over a SQL-based database.

I've not thought enough about how things will scale in the future so I'm not
sure if DavEx remoting has any disadvantage or not versus having numerous Node
Stores, but I'll also continue to learn more about Oak and MongoDB to see how
they fit in the picture. But for now, [1] is what I'm aiming for.

Thanks,