Sounds good. One quick qns- did you have 2 components or one component since
you seem to be playing around with resourcetype?

Hey Vkum,

We had the exact same problem, two sites, siteA and siteB, where there was a
livecopy from siteA to siteB, but siteB had some specific header and footer
components and stuff like that. How we solved this is by creating a filter that
went over the resources of the request and when we detected that there was a
specific implementation of a component for siteB, then we force this supertype.

So for example you have /apps/siteA/components/header and
/apps/siteB/components/header. If we are in siteB and we see that there is a
resourceType on the exact same location as the siteA/components/header for
siteB: siteB/components/header, then we replace it:
final RequestDispatcherOptions requestDispatcherOptions = new
RequestDispatcherOptions();
requestDispatcherOptions.setForceResourceType(siteSpecificResourceType);
Greets
Roy