I'm getting 'Workspace access denied' when login into repository default
workspace. I guess that makes sense as this user is coming from CAS/LDAP
server and not known to JCR repository during first attempt.

What's the right approach to provide default permissions (e.g. READ)? This
is after .extractCredentials() has been called successfully, but before
.authenticationSucceeded() has been called. Should I simply access JCR
UserManager and create permission defaults which means the CAS/LDAP user has
to be added to JCR before that.

Thanks.