Henry Saginor-2 wrote
> Hi Lance,
>
> I think a better practice is to register your servlet with a resource type
> instead of path.

This requires creating a node per resource. Please see my prior post where I
disqualify all solutions that involve creating nodes. My entire requirement
is that I'm creating a service that serves data that isn't in the JCR. I
truly do appreciate your taking the time out of your day to try to help me,
though, so I hope you don't feel slighted! :) I have been lead AEM Architect
on Sling applications that serve millions of users globally and am already
familiar with the fundamentals of Sling resource and script resolution :)
This is just my first time needing to serve up "virtual" resources of very
large number like this, such that a dynamic-URL service is absolutely the
only solution.

Update: I've made progress with the ResourceProvider solution! It seems the
403 response I was getting was actually result of my ResourceProvider
successfully returning SyntheticResource, which Sling then responded with a
403 for...  It seems all I need to learn is how to properly instantiate a
Resource object and return it :)

It seems I need to learn about this ResourceWrapper class and how to create
ResourceMetadata....