Hi,

I was wondering whether it's possible for a resource request to
invoke a service that performs background processing, such that
the worker thread spawned by the service has a resource
resolver and JCR session based on the authentication info for
the requesting user.

I tried using ResourceResolverFactory.getResourceResolver()
along with the AuthenticationInfo object from the request
attributes, and this yielded a LoginException.

Invoking requestedResource.getResourceResolver.clone(authInfo)
from inside the worker thread seems like an incorrect
approach due to race conditions.

Is there a way to create a resourceResolver for the user in
this scenario, or should I really be looking to the service
authentication stuff for this?

Thanks!  John